Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Stuff of Stars

The only thing I look forward to, the only thing that gives me any amount of hope is looking at the night sky.  I am able to feel a odd sense of peace when I look up at the black forever. I am still able to identify a handful of constellations.  I can no longer identify single stars.

There is a song from the movie Fame...I Sing The Body Electric...not to be confused with Walt Whitman's I Sing The Body Electric, or Ray Bradbury's short story collection and a short story by the same name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIiK5NRjvUY

I took that song to mean something very personal...the story of death and reincarnation...not reincarnation as a human but being born into the Universe when released from the gravity of earth...when I look up at the night sky I see my family, my friends that are all gone from this Earth but born again into the Universe as what Carl Sagan called "Star Stuff."


There is also an Eskimo proverb: “Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.”

I want to fold in to space...become star stuff...as I am tired, weary and am giving up on this earthly hell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, too, love the night sky, and I love your description of its beauty . . . I wish for you to sense the love wrapped around you that you feel in the sky . . . I wish for peace on earth for you, dear MO.

MO said...

Dear Anonymous...thank you...I wish for peace for everyone, I am sure you do as well...

The Dalai Lama

The Dalai Lama

Visits

Mo and her Mom

Mo and her Mom

About Me

My photo
I was born in the Year Of The Snake in the City of Angels. I have worked as an Adult Literacy Teacher, Litigation Paralegal and Middle School Teacher. I hold degrees in Psychology and Sociology and Political Science and Government.