Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I Will Be Soon Taking The A Train Up To Sugar Hill

Ian and I will be taking the A Train up to Sugar Hill during the first weekend in May.
If you are of a certain age, or if you love Jazz...you've heard the song...
I cannot wait to go...I cannot wait to see Ian...its been a long five years since we last shared each other's company...we will have five days together...
Sugar Hill Brownstones
Duke Ellington

Take The A Train
Duke Ellington, Charles Mingus

You must take the A train

To go to Sugar Hill way up in Harlem
If you miss the A train

You'll find you missed the quickest way to Harlem
Hurry, get on, now it's coming

Listen to those rails a-humming
All aboard, get on the A train

Soon you will be on Sugar Hill in Harlem




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go, Girl! You need some happy in your life!

Elaine

Novel said...

I got your post. Thanks.
And whoever Elaine is...100% agreement!

The Dalai Lama

The Dalai Lama

Visits

Mo and her Mom

Mo and her Mom

About Me

My photo
I was born in the Year Of The Snake in the City of Angels. I have worked as an Adult Literacy Teacher, Litigation Paralegal and Middle School Teacher. I hold degrees in Psychology and Sociology and Political Science and Government.