Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The absolutely fabulous trinity




I have tried to practise lucid dreaming for sometime now...you know, creating and directing your dreams. I haven't been very successful lately. But last night as I tried to wind down in order to get to sleep a thought entered my mind...I don't know how it found room.

Anyway, I was thinking...Dame Judi Dench, Jessica Tandy or in my wildest dreams, Annie Lennox.

As my hair is almost totally white, having turned so much in the past year, I was thinking who I would like to become.

My last haircut was in August, very very close to my head, and even had a smart ass store clerk referred to me as sir. It's now grown out to what most people would consider short. So, if I was going for Dame Judi it would just need to be neatened up a bit. If I wanted to go for Annie Lennox I would need to have something put on it to make it more platinum and have it sheared up a bit. If I want to go for Jessica Tandy, I need to keep the shears away and let it grow out. I hate letting hair grow. And mine grows so excruciatingly slow.

I really like all three of those ladies. They each have qualities that are special to me and in my dreams I would be the magnificent combination of that fabulous trinity.

When I was teaching in Las Vegas, I had very long hair (I cut it all off after I moved back here) and I would normally pull it back. I went through almost every hair color there was during those years, my favorite red, the kids (my students) liked the blonde...go figure. Anyway, I remember a couple of my darlings commenting on my hair one day and saying I looked like the chimp lady...they were referring of course, to Jane Goodall...at first I was appalled, as she had to be like 70, and I was not even 50 at that time. But it was the hair, she pulled back her hair and we both have similar features.

I will be deciding which one I will let direct my hair..I should add that my mom hates short hair...and didn't stop coloring her hair until she was in her mid-seventies.

Judi, Jessica or Annie?

2 comments:

E said...

Are you going to post your photo after the deed is done? I love the ones you chose . . . all are elegant, perfect examples for a classy "do."

Novel said...

I love the Judi Dench one - so classy and relatively easy to keep up. Do post a ic when you make your decision and go for it :-)

The Dalai Lama

The Dalai Lama

Visits

Mo and her Mom

Mo and her Mom

About Me

My photo
I was born in the Year Of The Snake in the City of Angels. I have worked as an Adult Literacy Teacher, Litigation Paralegal and Middle School Teacher. I hold degrees in Psychology and Sociology and Political Science and Government.