Saturday, March 7, 2009

Take Me Back To 1966



I was so in love with Steve of The Left Banke...

I wonder what he is doing today?

I have read somewhere that he did not really care for the song Walk Away Renee...

The music of The Left Banke was classified as "Baroque-Pop"


Those big eyes and bangs and tight pants were surely cute back in the day...


When I listen to Walk Away Renee I am 12 again...I had my very own Steve at that age...well, actually a Stephen. Stephen and I went to Junior High School together, and were great friends. Unfortunately we would attend different high schools, and I would never see him again. I found out last summer that my Stephen had died in a car accident a few years after high school graduation. Over the years I had tried to find him, as he had a very unique last name I thought it would be easy to make contact. Even now, after all these years, I think of my Stephen, and a few tears will slip down the side of my face.


I'm not really sure that I would want to go back to 1966, but I do like spending a little time there, in my mind with the music...and with my Stephen who is forever young and alive in my memories.







No comments:

The Dalai Lama

The Dalai Lama

Visits

Mo and her Mom

Mo and her Mom

About Me

My photo
I was born in the Year Of The Snake in the City of Angels. I have worked as an Adult Literacy Teacher, Litigation Paralegal and Middle School Teacher. I hold degrees in Psychology and Sociology and Political Science and Government.