Monday, January 7, 2008

Somewhere...out there...Deep in the Cosmos

Carl Sagan
Astronomer
1934-1996


I was captivated by Carl Sagan's 1980s PBS series Cosmos. I have always spent time looking into the sky, dreaming and imagining what could be out there...I plan on revisiting Dr. Sagan starting with the website http://www.carlsagan.com/



In every country, we should be teaching our children the scientific method and the reasons for a Bill of Rights. With it comes a certain decency, humility and community spirit. In the demon-haunted world that we inhabit by virtue of being human, this may be all that stands between us and the enveloping darkness.
~Carl Sagan



No comments:

The Dalai Lama

The Dalai Lama

Visits

Mo and her Mom

Mo and her Mom

About Me

My photo
I was born in the Year Of The Snake in the City of Angels. I have worked as an Adult Literacy Teacher, Litigation Paralegal and Middle School Teacher. I hold degrees in Psychology and Sociology and Political Science and Government.